Monday, June 23, 2008

Kevin Robinson High Air in Central Park

I can't believe it's taken me so damn long to post these—I meant to do a long post about the whole scenario over at SPRFLS, but Supes's post over on Super made me reconsider. If Mat Hoffman was there, and he signed off on it, who am I to question things? Nobody, that's who.

Honestly, I only had two real problems with the whole event : 1) The Red Bull wasn't free, and 2) the ever-annoying NYC Parks Department didn't provide a place to park/lock bikes, and actually harassed people for locking their bikes to park railings. Um, it was a BIKE EVENT. A little common courtesy (and common sense) would have gone a long way.

(Also, I'm not convinced Kevin cleared 27', but I promised I wouldn't talk about that.)

A nonparenthetical aside: Can we please refrain from calling Kevin Robinson "K-Rob"? That's a lazy "nickname" that should be restricted to basketball (T-Mac) and baseball (A-Rod) players. Hell, it sucks for THEM. Kevin deserves a real nickname if he's going to have one at all.

As usual, it was good to see the NYC BMX community, both past and present, show up in force. Things may be fractured now, but at least we can all come together for a corporate-sponsored televised event. Power to the people!

Anyway, eight photos. All in chronological order. To be honest, I was more impressed by the flip than any of his "record" (sorry!) runs. Feel free to use them elsewhere (now that it's only two weeks later), just credit me. Or the blog. Whatever.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he still didnt do it, definately was expecting your full force post!!!