Monday, August 20, 2007

More riding shots from campus (Garrett Reynolds edition).

Garrett Reynolds turned 18 just two weeks before the trip out to Portland. He's from Toms River, New Jersey, and has been killing it for years. Damn kids.


• Nosedive 360. I was standing too far away. That's RIDE photog Keith Mulligan in the correct location. Damn professionals.

• 360 tuck no-hander. Garrett has a boatload of 360 variations, and he broke a lot of them out on campus. No need to dip into the really crazy stuff for a crowd that wouldn't be any more impressed anyway. Incidentally, I moved closer, but he was just too high for the fisheye.

• Truckdriver to fakie. So fresh and so clean.

• Tailwhip air on the street spine. I really wish I clicked the shutter a half-second later. Everything else was spot-on—the sky, the ramp, the angle. Oh well, practice makes perfect, right?

• Autographs. All three of the dudes got rushed, but I think Garrett signed the most. At one point I turned around and saw him signing some kid's cell phone. I had to ask. "Is that the first time you've signed a cell phone?" He looked at me a little funny. "No." Sheesh.
Lakejumping flicks coming soon. Promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope thats not the same headband he is always wearing because that thing must smell horrible!

Anonymous said...

son muy buenos los felicito,hacen muy buenos trucos.
atentamente:
Rodrigo Delgado Araya.
biker. Costa Rica.