Wednesday, August 22, 2007

More riding shots from campus (Mike Spinner edition).

Sometimes it's easy to forget that Mike Spinner is still pretty much a kid. Sure, he's beating the big names in pro contests and cashing checks from big-time sponsors (still dude, put the Monster bottle down and slowly back away), but first and foremost he's a dude who loves riding his bike. That's still what counts most, right?

And, to paraphrase another Nike athlete, anyone else pull a 1080?

That's what I thought. On with the show:


• 360 table. Child's play. So to speak.

• One-handed X-up. Who doesn't love x-ups?

• Tailwhip air. When I told him I wanted to get a shot of him riding the quarter, he was like "sure, I'll do a tailwhip. Stand on the right side of the ramp." He did three whips, I got one timed right. Sort of. What I'm trying to say is that Mike's better at doing tailwhips than I am at taking photos. Sigh.

• X-up. Clicked. And beyond.

• Tailwhip. Not as good a shot as the one I posted a couple days ago, but hey, at least it's a different angle.

No comments: